9. Release and Waiver of Liability:
DECLARATION OF HEALTH. By accepting this Tour Participant Agreement I (the trip participant) represent that I have no physical conditions or medical precautions which would adversely affect my ability to take part in the yoga program or other physical or cultural activities offered on Exhale Yoga Retreats trips. I fully understand that my participation in the yoga program or other activities could be injurious to my health and I voluntarily assume all risks related to such activities.
PERSONAL RELEASE. By agreeing to the terms outlined here and elsewhere on the Exhale Yoga Retreats website I hereby release and discharge my rights and claims for damages or liabilities that may occur as a result of participation on a Exhale Yoga Retreats trip, including but not limited to damages as a result of unexpected occurrences including those from weather, local political situations, wildlife or uncontrollable acts of God, including the risk of death. I release Exhale Yoga Retreats including its owners, directors, employees, guides, yoga teachers and partners from liability for personal injury, illness, emotional damage, incurred travel expenses or property damage I may incur as a result of participation on this trip.
For the benefit of everyone on your trip, Exhale Yoga Retreats reserves the right to accept or reject any participant at any time without liability, and in the event it determines, in its sole and exclusive discretion, that a participant is disruptive to the harmony of the trip, it may without any obligation to pay a refund or any other amount whatsoever, expel such participant from the trip. Exhale Yoga Retreats will carry no responsibility or liability for any participant who leaves the trip prior to its conclusion or for any activity undertaken by any participant which is not included on the trip itinerary.
8. Acknowledgment of Risks – Assumption of Responsibility:
Although The Space Between has taken reasonable steps to ensure safety, we acknowledge that this activity has risks, including certain risks which cannot be eliminated without destroying the unique character of this activity. The same elements that contribute to the unique character of this activity can cause loss or damage to the Participant including accidental injury, illness or in extreme cases, permanent trauma, disability or death and also can cause damage to or loss of property. The following describes some, but not all, of those risks.
Activities may include but are not limited to: hiking, backpacking, and climbing in a wide variety of environments; bicycling and scootering on trails and roads with a wide range of surface conditions and traffic volume;, using zip-wires and rope swings; white-water rafting, river kayaking, sea-kayaking and canoeing; swimming, snorkeling and surfing; fishing.
The Space Between trips can involve travel to remote places, oftentimes many hours from medical facilities. Transportation, evacuations and medical care can be significantly delayed; communication can be delayed, limited or not available.
Environmental risks and hazards include rapidly moving, deep or cold water; insects, snakes and predators, including large animals; falling and rolling rock; lightning, flash floods and unpredictable forces of nature, including weather which may change to extreme conditions without warning. Possible injuries and illnesses include hypothermia, frostbite, high altitude illnesses, sunburn, heatstroke, dehydration and other mild or serious conditions.
Throughout the trip, participants are responsible for their own safety.
I (the trip participant) acknowledge and understand that The Space Between trips include risks of injury or death to participants. I understand the description above of these risks is not complete and that other unknown or unanticipated risks may result in property loss, injury or death. I agree to assume responsibility for the inherent risks identified herein and those inherent risks not specifically identified. I acknowledge that participation in this activity is purely voluntary, no one is forcing participation and participation is elected with full knowledge of the inherent risks.
I (the trip participant) assume and accept full responsibility for any injury, death, loss of personal property, and expenses suffered as a result of those inherent risks and dangers identified above, and those inherent risks and dangers not specifically identified and as a result of my negligence in participating in this activity.
6. Travel Insurance:
While not required, The Space Between strongly encourages each trip member to purchase individual travel insurance for their trip. We suggest that you include “cancel for any reason” with your policy. You should consider purchasing travel insurance that includes medical coverage. We recommend purchase insurance within 1-2 weeks after making your first trip payment (ie. flight or retreat reservation) to secure the best price and best coverage.
7. COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing:
You are required to show proof of vaccination to attend the retreat. If booster shots are available prior to the trips departure, we strongly encourage you to receive the booster in an effort to create the safest environment for all participants.
You will be required to present a Negative Covid-19 PCR test within 7 days prior to the retreat. You will be required to email your negative test result to email@example.com.
The US requires a Negative Covid-19 test within 72 prior to returning to the United States. The Space Between will arrange for Covid-19 testing to be performed prior to leaving Mexico, in accordance with US requirements.
Both tests (entry / departure) are at the expense of the participant.
1. Terms of service: The Space Between lists what is included in the Fine Print section.
2. Reservation: Your spot is reserved with a non-refundable deposit of $750. The cancellation policy and COVID-19 cancellation policy is listed below.
3. Payment: All prices are USD and per person. A non-refundable deposit $750 will secure your spot, and the remaining balance will be due by November 3, 2021 and will be automatically charged to the card on file used for the deposit. If a booking is made less than three months in advance of the start date of the retreat, the whole amount is required to reserve your spot. Refunds and credits are available only according to conditions described below. Payments will be made by credit card and will be taken through our booking software, Zingfit.
4. Cancellations Policy & Deposits: We know life happens, things come up, people get sick, work throws you a curveball, we get it, we are human too. Our cancellation policies are as flexible as we can make them without leaving ourselves vulnerable to the full cost of our reservation. The studio is contractually obligated to pay the full amount of the yoga retreat no matter what happens. Unfortunately, if you cancel, we lose money, often a lot of money. Please read carefully!
Cancel prior to November 3, 2021: You will lose your $750 deposit but no additional payment will be required
Cancel between November 3 - December 3, 2021: You will lose your $750 deposit + 50% of the remaining balance of your trip cost.
Cancel between December 3, 2021 - February 3, 2022: You will forfeit the entire trip cost, inclusive of the $750 deposit.
*All refunds take a maximum of 30 days to process
Important: Please consider travel insurance to protect the costs of your trip in the case of injury, illness or inability to attend for other reasons.
5. Changes/Trip Cancellations.
CHANGES: The Space Between reserves the right to make any changes deemed necessary by our team, trip leaders, teachers or partners. In the event that we need to make a last minute change to the venue, the teacher, the itinerary, or any aspect of the retreat due to unforeseen circumstances (natural disaster, illness, civil unrest, death, closure, COVID-19 or any other unforeseen circumstance).
In the event that we have to move or cancel the retreat due to COVID-19, we will reschedule the retreat and your deposit and payment will be used as a credit toward the makeup dates.
CANCELLATIONS: In the rare case of a cancellation or postponements on the part of The Space Between, not related to COVID-19, we will offer a full refund or transfer to another trip. The Space Between is not responsible for any expenses or damages incurred as a result of trip cancellation or postponement including preparation costs, airline tickets, travel documents or other expenses. The Space Between reserves the right to cancel any trip prior to departure in the event that there are too few people booked in which case you will be given a full refund of any and all payments made to The Space Between. You will not be entitled to claim any additional amounts or seek any compensation for any injury, loss, expenses or damage (either direct or consequential) or for any loss of time or inconvenience which may result from such cancellation (including but not limited to visa, passport and vaccination charges, or departure, gear purchases, airport and airline taxes).
Included In the Retreat Cost:
• Lodging (5 Nights at Pachamama Retreat Center)
• Three nourishing meals a day + snacks (dietary restrictions and requests will be honored to the best of our ability)
• Yoga (duh!): Each day at least one (but most likely two) yoga practices will be offered and led by Daryn + John. Yoga mats + props are available; however, we cannot speak to the quality of the yoga mats and encourage you to bring your own if you’re like us and are picky about your mat.
• Special Experiences: We will have an agenda full of special experiences in addition to the daily yoga practices. Anything on the formal agenda will be included in the retreat cost. This could be fire ceremonies, volunteer opportunities, special workshops, etc.
• You will get to participate in one additional special excursion/experience included in the retreat cost - this could be the Temezcal (sweat lodge), a credit toward the spa, surf lessons, etc - a full list will be provided closer to the retreat.
• We will cover gratuity for Pachamama staff, but you are free to leave additional gratuity if you desire.
• Alive + Away Welcome Bag with assorted goodies to enhance your retreat experience
What’s Not Included in the Retreat Cost:
• Airfare/Transportation to/from Cabo San Lucas
• Transportation to/from Pachamama (we will provide a list of transportation options with contact information for you to arrange your own transportation)
• Alcohol - Pachamama does not have a bar, nor does it provide alcohol. You are welcome to bring your own alcohol with you from local stores in Cabo San Lucas or Todos Santos. We will likely supply some wine/beer/margaritas to enhance a dinner or evening experience, but we will not be providing alcohol each day. (John is an excellent bartender so ask and you shall receive.)
• Travel Insurance - While we highly recommend insuring your trip with travel insurance, that is not included in the retreat cost.
We are very excited to share this retreat experience with you! Here are the things you need to know before booking: